Sunday, July 20, 2014

Goals in July

Hey I didn't know I could share my blog posts on Facebook! I think that will mean I can post the important stuff one place and all my friends will get the info. But it may mean I get long winded. Feel no obligation to read all of this.

As I move into my third week post surgery I am setting some goals. Yesterday's goal was to go to the  Spinning Guild Dye Day and Picnic. With Tim's help I got there, yakked with my spinning buddies, saw some of the beautiful colored concoctions coming from the dye pots and ate nummy stuff at the potluck. Then went home, fell onto my recovery throne in the living room and took a good nap. It was a very nice day.

Today's goals are to:
1. walk outside 3 times to build up my endurance and strength- this will be an on-going goal
2. brush Mila thoroughly (ha ha did this already this morning even got her tummy) Yay!
3. dye my hair- let's talk about this

I am vain about my hair, I love it's texture and the color it gets a week after I use a box of dye. I'm vain about my smooth skin and love scented lotions. And I'm vain about my feet, yes they are short and wide but they look sexy to me when I look at the sides of them. Silly, I know, but there ya go.

So the last week of May I planned ahead, I got my hair cut and colored before the first surgery, I wanted to look my best while feeling my worst. I expected to be up and around by the time it needed to be done again. Well the second and third surgery kinda put a crimp in my plans (boy howdy did they ever). So here I am eight-nine weeks out, the gray is showing and I'm wearing a bandana on my hair to disguise that it is too long to be curly.

So for today's goal, dyeing my hair. No big deal right? Stand in the bathroom, mix the dye, put on the funky  gloves and apply it to my hair, about a 15 minute exercise. Then hang around with the smelly gunk on my hair for about an hour. Well right now standing up for a 10 minute shower is a test of endurance. Once I'm done washing I grab a towel and sit down to dry off. Catch my breath, get up get my lotion and sit again to apply it. It's best if I plan what clothes I want to wear before I start so I can continue to sit and recover as I dress.

I realized yesterday hanging with my spinning friends, that many of them have gone through similar health challenges, some have on-going health issues and are facing more hardships than I am. It was very reassuring to me to hear about their trials and reminded me that I am not alone in my pity pool. So I am off to the bathroom to get out my box of hair dye.
Dyeing my hair

Me pre-surgery post- salon visit

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you vertical at Dye Day! What a great day we had!

    ReplyDelete