Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And She's Back

I'm on a sewing kick. I shortened a dress I bought on clearance at Macy's. When I bought it I knew it didn't look quite right. It was a mid-calf formidable looking A-line dress, but the fabric enchanted me, a gorgeous bronzey brown cotton eyelet (I love eyelet) and it was severely marked down. I've had it for several months just waiting to inspiration to strike. Now it is a tunic top shorter in front and longer in back.


After finishing the tunic I made a Doo Rag for Tim using one of his old ones for a pattern. The fabric I used was leftover from a grandson's pajamas. The pattern still needs a little tweaking to fit Tim's 25" head better.




I love Marcy Tilton's stuff, over the past year I have made 4 pairs of her pants from Vogue pattern #8499

V8499

Here is the latest Marcy Tilton pattern I'm working on, Vogue 8813. I'm making view C in lightweight linen, 3 colors/prints- beige and white striped; a floral with beige, white, salmon and small amount of purple; and solid salmon. I will probably keep it tunic length too. I wear them more than dresses.
 V8813



No comments:

Post a Comment