Monday, September 15, 2014

Exuberance



So far September has been a really good month. Tim and I went to Memphis to see our daughter and her family. I finally got to meet my youngest grandson, ok I saw him when he was born but now he is 4 and showing so much personality. Plus I got to hug my daughter (as much as I wanted) and laugh with Keith, my witty sarcastic and newly accepted US citizen son-in-law. Yay! We ate, boy did we eat, fabulous Gus’ fried chicken, breakfast at Brother Junipers, cooking an egg scramble with Lacee in her kitchen (her favorite meal) I loved cooking with her, but my favorite was the donuts from Gibson’s. At Gibson’s they accused us of being Yankees, we admitted to being first timers and the owner brought us freshly fried raised donuts with chocolate glaze. My eyes still cross thinking of it. Yummmmmy!

After we revived from our donut induced coma we went shopping at the Nike Outlet and the professional Beauty Supply. Then Lacee gave me a new do. She is more than ½ way done at cosmetology school. She colored my hair Wild Orchid and Magenta and did a beautiful job. Here I am sporting my new hair.

 I'm pink!

When we headed home we had a whole suitcase full of Nike gear. A big big thank you to Keith, he works at Nike and shared his discount us plus he handed us a big pile of shoes and clothes he gets as an employee. We brought home 6 pairs of shoes for our Oregon grandkids, 3 pairs of shoes for Tim and a really comfy pair for me. Then the clothes! I scored the most with 5 pairs of capris and yoga pants. In a size Extra Large!!!!!! I fit into Nike XLs; I remember a time not too long ago I couldn’t fit into a Nike 3X. I was so excited I bounced around their house in them.

Love my shoes!


This past weekend was a good time too. Tish came over on Saturday and I altered some of her dog showing clothing for her. Tish is Mila’s first Mom (breeder). She is going to bathe and groom Mila for me; we are talking about showing her next year. It was so nice, Tish hung out in my studio while I sewed, it was her first time in my world and she was oogling all my treasures. It was the longest I’ve ever seen her sit still too as we chatted and tried stuff on for several hours. So cool!

On Sunday I took Sarah and the 3 grandkids to Seaside. Seaside is not a beach that I go to often esp during the summer. It is a crazy busy beach, I normally go to the beach in the late fall or early spring and walk the dogs on an empty gray shore. Not yesterday, we hauled chairs, beach toys, snacks, clothes and towels for the kids all the way out by the water. We dodged dogs, toddlers, teenagers on beach bikes. The energy level on that vigorous beach was amazing. The grandkids were lying down in the shallow waves, or running and flinging sand and water with their buckets and shovels. Then of course we had to do the downtown carrousel and candy store. It took all of 2 minutes back on the road for them to sleep most of the way home.




And September is only half done, OFFF is coming up, and I have a grooming date with Tish and a sewing date with Nancy and our 30th Anniversary to celebrate. Woo hoo, it is great feeling good. On Oct 15th I am going to have my other knee replaced and will be looking at another recovery from surgery. You can bet your buttons I’m filling up the time between now and then with exuberance!



No comments:

Post a Comment